Shaw Building Solutions
Quality, Experience, Excellence
Contact Us To Discuss Your Project
We know building a new home is about more than just walls and ceilings. We will walk with you during the entire process from day one to moving in day to ensure you have a positive and rewarding experience.
Outdoor Living Spaces
High quality, value based construction. Our strength is based on flexibility, timely completion, and quality workmanship. Our expertise ranges from office buildings and multi-family housing, to tenant buildouts.
Renovations / Remodel
Design / Build
The design-build construction delivery method replaces the traditional method of awarding separate contracts for design and construction. The contractor, designers, subcontractors, and owner work as one team to meet/ exceed the owner’s expectations.
Adding square footage to your home with an addition is one of the most popular ways to renovate and remodel your home. With the proper design and construction, this can make a big difference in how you use the space. We use our expertise and planning to ensure structural integrity and design.
We’ve Been Building For Over 30 Years
Shaw Building Solutions is a locally owned small business that views commercial and home building as more than walls and a ceiling. It is about our commitment to excellence! Our customer service exceeds industry standards.
Shaw Building Solutions views every project, from fire stations to custom homes or renovation of one room, as much more than walls and ceilings – it’s about our commitment to excellence.
We know first hand what it takes to make a home comfortable and safe for the physically challenged and for the aging in place. We take great care to insure ALL your needs are met. We support CHKD and local schools to insure they have what they need to help the ones that mean the most.
We’ll walk with you every step of the way to make sure you maintain high confidence in us and your project. We are here to answer your questions along the way, from day one to moving day. Some might call this old fashioned; we call it taking responsibility and standing by our commitment to excellence!
Contracts We Offer
- Fixed Lump Sum Contract –A fixed price lump sum contract is an agreement that is a fixed amount for a specific scope of work. The risk is solely on the general contractor for operational and construction risk.
- Cost Plus Contract – This contract shares the operational risk between owner and general contractor. The value of the contract is based upon the actual cost of materials and labor plus a percent of the total cost as a fee for general contractor. These types of contracts are common when the building being constructed is not clearly defined.
- Unit Price Contract – Unit price contracts are agreements that are based on the unit quantities of material and labor used to build the facility. These agreements are frequently used with large civil projects.
- Time & Material Contract – The time and material contracts are similar to unit price contracts. Labor rates are established and receipts of materials are processed for payment.
- Construction Management Contract – A construction management contract is designed for the general contractor to manage the construction activities, quality control and the administration of the project. The general contractor will normally operate without the financial risk of construction cost overruns.
- Design Build Contract – The design build contract is when the owner hires the general contractor to design and build a specific property. This has proven to be an effective strategy for owners that want someone responsible for design & construction risk.